Monday, August 17, 2015

Bout of Books read-a-thon 14: Day 1 + TBR

Bout of Books

So like I've said in a previous post, I'm joining this Bout of Books read-a-thon.
I'm not going to set big goals for myself this week because I'll be starting work on Tuesday. I'll only have time to read after work and I'll try to take my ereader to read during lunch or when I don't have a lot to do.

The books I want to read this week are:
- The Faerie War by Rachel Morgan (Creepy Hollow #3)
- Hidden by Sophie Jordan (Firelight #3)
- The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting (The Body Finder #1)

If I manage to finish these 3 books this week I'll be a happy person.

Day 1:

Challenge:
Fictional world travel by Between Library Shelves.

I live in Belgium, so I can't use a book with a location in Belgium. I guess that's pretty easy to do.


  1. 1984 by George Orwell - dystopian London in 1984, which is now past but when this book was written is was a look into the future. (Book written in 1948)
  2. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green - modern day Amsterdam.
  3. Heliopolis by James Scudamore - contemporary São Paulo, Brazil.
  4. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - alternate New York.
  5. Divergent by Veronica Roth - dystopian Chicago.
  6. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - fictional dystopian place called Panem.


What I have read today:

Vanish by Sophie Jordan
Progress: FINISHED

Pages read today: 136
Pages read in total: 136
Books read: 1

You can still sign up for this read-a-thon here! Signing up is possible until Wednesday midnight (CST)!

Much love,
Ellen


3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that The Fault in Our Stars was set in Amsterdam. Where have I been? lol My Day 1 Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A part of it is in Amsterdam. They travel there in the middle of the story.

      Delete