Sunday, December 20, 2015

Review: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - Hush, Hush #1

Hush, Hush Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsys:
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes tham at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgement.

What I think:
This is the second time I've read this book. I couldn't remember anything about it, though some details were familiar to me.
It was fun to read it again after so many years, not remembering anything and still liking it as much as I remembered. It was as if it was the absolute first time I've read this book though (Besides me knowing who the bad guy was from the beginning. The only thing I did remember).
This is a lovely story and I'm definitely going to read the following book in this series. It was nice to find out I still love the same kind of books after 4/5 years.
I'm excited for the development of the romance though. In this book that was lacking a little. Mostly confused and conflicting feelings came through, but to start this series it wasn't that bad. Still time enough for romance in the next three books in this series.
The characters have their flaws, but it makes them realistic and I still loved them.
Same goes for the story, but the little flaws makes it an enjoyable reading experience.

"Say 'provoking' again. Your mouth looks provocatice when you do."

"You possess other people's ... bodies?"
He accepts that statement with a nod.
"Do you want to possess my body?"
"I want to do a lot of things to your body, but that's not one of them."

"Call me Patch. I mean it. Call me."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment