Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A Trip Down Memory Lane - 2015

A lot happened in one year. A whole lot of things changed for me. With the new year coming closer, I think it's the perfect time to look back at this past year. Ready for a trip down memory lane?

In the beginning of this year I was still in high school. I wasn't sure yet what I wanted to do after graduation. In the first few months it bacame clear that I wanted to do something with languages. Language and literature is the study I found and eventually signed up for around June, a little before graduation.
During those last months of high school, reading wasn't a priority. It had been a long time since I've read a lot. In January I finished my first book of this year, Insurgent, after having read Divergent in December. Right after that I started reading Allegiant, this book took me so long to read that I eventually put it down. By the time I picked it up again to finish it, it was already July. The reason I started reading again is being home alone for two weeks in July when my parents and sister were on a holiday I didn't join them on.
I'm thankful for that, the boredom made me read again and by reading If I Stay and Where She Went I was totally pulled back into the world of reading. It's that moment I started reading a lot, one or two books a week became the standard.
In October I started University. Sadly I realised that it wasn't what I wanted to be doing. So this month I decided to stop my Language and literature course and signed up for a Teacher Training in the next semester, starting Februari 2016.
So far I've read 30 books this year and with that completed my Goodreads Challenge. Doing this in only half a year is mind-blowing to me, but I'm happy to be reading again.

There's going to be a lot of changes next year, but I'm positive I'll be fine and it'll be a great year.

Much love,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment