Sunday, January 3, 2016

Review: Girl Online by Zoe Sugg - Girl Online #1

Girl Online Girl Online by Zoe Sugg
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsys:
I had no idea GirlOnline would take off the way it has - I can't believe I now have 5432 followers, thanks so much! - and the thought of opening up to you all about this is terrifying, but here goes...
Penny has a secret.
Under the alias GirlOnline, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.
But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.


What I think:
My opinion on this book? Meh. About 2.5/5, but I'm nice so I made it 3/5 instead of 2/5 here.
This book was okay, I was able to finish it. It just didn't stay with me, it didn't touch me. This story was predictable and because of that, no fun. I really had to push myself to finish it.
It wasn't terrible, just nothing I could get lost in. My 14 year old sister read this too and have it 5/5. So maybe it's age, maybe it's just something you either like or don't.

"Sometimes you have to face up to your fears to realize that they aren't actually real."

"What went down well?" Mum asks, coming back to the table. "Nothing," I say. "The Titanic," Elliot says.

"He may be a little too boy-band-meets-athlete perfect."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment