Sunday, December 27, 2015

Review: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare - The Mortal Instruments #3

City of Glass City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsys:
Amid the chaos of war, the Shadowhunters must decide to fight with the vampires, werewolves and other Downworlders - or against them. Meanwhile, Jace and Clary have their own decision to make: should they pursue the love they know is a mortal sin?

What I think:
This series stole my heart. I had a hard time getting into this book, but once I passed the middle, it was just mindblowing. I do see how this was meant to be a trilogy in the beginning. This book explained pretty much everything, solved all problems and has a happy ending. Though one little detail bothered me and it is the only thing I can think of that makes it possible to add three more books to this series. SPOILER! Sebastian/Jonathan's body was never found. I think he must still be alive somehow.
This series has been pure awesomeness so far and I hope to continue reading next year. Though I will take a break from it right now, it seems about the right time in the series to put it down for a while.

"There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. 'I love you and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then."

"I am a man" he told her, "and men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown."

"Did you ever think that in a past life Alec was an old woman with ninety cats who was always yelling at the neighborhood kids to get off her lawn. Because I do."

"Have you tried talking to her?"
"No. We've been punching her in the face repeatedly. What? You don't think that will work?"

No comments:

Post a Comment